image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Highlights – Friday’s Fave Five

Friday's Fave Five at Living to Tell the Story Sometimes Friday comes around quicker than other days. This is one of those times. Five highlights of my week are:

1. Sunday - Baptism in the lake
This will make my Highlights ‘09 reel. This was a first for us, having Rose baptized in the lake behind our house. Thankfully the ducks didn’t come over to check it out, but friends, family, and neighbors did. A wonderful night of celebrating a new sister in Christ!

2. Monday - Staying at home
While I enjoy going out and doing things, I also love, love, love being at home. Mondays are turning into the only days I have to do that. This Monday was extra special because we got to babysit my 6-month-old cousin. I forget how tiny God makes us in the beginning. 

3. Tuesday - Supper with my in-laws
I have the best in-laws ever. They’re in the middle of camping for two weeks yet still invited us over for supper Tuesday night. Because she loves her baby boy, my m-i-l cooked fried chicken, mashed potatoes, homemade biscuits, peas, and Jeff’s favorite cake for his birthday. All in her camper. She’s an amazing woman of God and I love her.

4. Wednesday – Lunchdate with the hubby
Jeff rarely eats out for lunch during his workweek. But since Wednesday was his birthday, I invited him to break away long enough to grab a pizza buffet with me. The only bad part was when he had to drive back to work after we finished instead of coming home with me.

5. Thursday -  Watching “Tom Sawyer”
My neighbor’s school is doing a production of “Tom Sawyer” this week. We went last night and had such fun. My neighbor did a great job as Aunt Polly. And Tom was played by the young man who bought Jeff’s truck in February. He inserted some of his own style into the play, and everybody loved him.

How’s your week been? Join Susanne for more Friday’s Fave Five.

9 comments:

ellen b. said...

Hello Lisa! Sounds like a wonderful week for you. I love baptisms, they always always move me.
That dinner in a camper sounds fabulous :0)
Enjoy your weekend...

Karen said...

Brian said John called him to tell him about Rose (he didn't realize Brian was back home that weekend). So exciting.

Oh, and saw on your other post that you all are going to the Leeland, et al concert tonight. Did you see that Tonda won front row tickets from WAY-FM on Facebook??? I thought it was so funny that out of the handful of people I know in that area (or at least know names), the tickets would go to someone I knew. What are the odds?

Islandsparrow said...

It's so lovely to have a good relationship with your in-laws - I love my mil too - she's a sweetheart!

A belated happy birthday to your hubby!

Hazel said...

Wow! you got a lake behind your house and a baptism there too! How lovely! I've never witnessed a baptism in more or less 18 years. Sometimes I do miss religious activities.

Happy birthday to your hubby.

Barbara H. said...

A belated happy birthday to your hubby! Lunch out is one of my favorite things.

I love being at home, too.

The baptism in the lake sounds wonderful!

nikkipolani said...

Lovely fives, Lisa -- esp that #1, wonderful! I like #2, too, and sometimes have to take a mental health day to do just that. Have a great weekend.

Willow said...

Lisa, You've had a great week! Your hubby's Birthday with both lunch and dinner celebrated. The baptism sounds beautiful. (I kept thinking, I hope it wasn't cold!)

Have a great weekend!

Susanne said...

How exciting! A Baptism in the lake! It must be warm where you are. LOL.

What a sweet mother in law you have. She sounds like a special lady.

Great list of five!

Lisa notes... said...

The baptism was great, but it wasn't too warm! Brrr... I felt badly for the father/daughter standing in that water, but at least it was quick.

Karen, yes, that is something that of all the people to win the tickets, you knew them! What a fantastic week for their whole family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails