image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

A special September day

I am thinking...about 20 years TODAY when I married my best friend!

Happy anniversary, Jeff! I love you!

20-year-anniversary-2012 
I am thankful for...the way he’s helped me laugh, grow, moan, stretch, smile, worship, cry, pray, and everything else imaginable in the past 20 years

I am wondering...what the next 20 years (well, even the next 20 days) will bring—only God knows!

In the kitchen...leftover BBQ and hushpuppies (and cholesterol) from Greenbrier’sFall-into-Reading-2012

I am resolving...to be realistic when I make my Fall into Reading 2012 list soon

I am wearing...a yellow t-shirt, khaki shorts

I am creating...a master to-do list of things I want to get done around the house and in my heart

I am going...to drop Amber off at the Nashville airport and love every minute I get with her

I am appreciating...the Atlas V rocket. With a little help from his friends (okay, a LOT), Jeff helped build this and we got to watch it launch the Radiation Belt Space Probes (yes, I had to look it up) at 4 a.m. last Thursday morning (and yes, it was worth it) at Cape Canaveral, Florida.

Atlas-V-August-30-2012

I am pondering these words...52-lies-heard-in-church-steve-mcvey

Evaluate what you hear by whether it is pointing your focus to Jesus Christ or to yourself. Does it direct your attention to what He has done or to what you’re being told you should do?
– Steve McVey, 52 Lies Heard in Church Every Sunday
(I can’t express how much I’ve loved this book! I’m sad I finished it last night)

I am realizing...as of Sunday, we 4 Corners all now have married children, and that’s a good thing!

four-corners

I am encouraged...that even though my mom has been gone two years this Saturday, she’s as much alive in my heart and memory as ever

I am hoping...I’ll remember to preach the gospel to myself every day notetoselfbecause I need Jesus every day 

I am reading...finally...Note to Self

I am praying...for Spirit-filled words and hearts between friends here, and for Jenna’s new Bible study group in Auburn

I am trying...not to be sad that Jenna is back at Auburn after being home with us over the weekend, but it’s not working so hot

I am looking forward to...the first Auburn home game in a few weekends tobymac-eye-on-itand staying with her

I am hearing...TobyMac’s new CD Eye on It (it’s good!)

I am studying...Peter’s faith in Unshakeable Faith (study officially begins September 10, if you want to join in at Do Not Depart)

I am memorizing these words...this week with the Hiding 1 Peter 1 in My Hiding-1-Peter-1Heart group:

1Pe 1:4  to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,
1Pe 1:5  who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

A few plans ahead...open house for this great ministry; opening day of dove season (well, I’m excited for Jeff’s plans for this); a beach anniversary vacation

One of my favorite things...is my new (and first!) great-niece. We’re so in love with her already.

one-week-old

* * *

What are you doing today?The Simple Woman's Daybook

the simple woman's daybook
...where every day is a blank page

Past Daybooks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails