image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Why I want to memorize 1 Peter 1

1-Peter-1.cloud

Beginning August 19, I want to start memorizing 1 Peter 1.

Why? Hiding-1-Peter-1

Here are five reasons:

1. Because . . .
Peter calls me to be confident and persevere in Christ even through trials; good things are coming!

2. Because . . .
I’m going to be studying Peter’s faith anyway in September with Kathy at Do Not Depart on Unshakable Faith

3. Because . . .
it will encourage me to live more full of love for others and more holy for the glory of Jesus Christ

4. Because . . . 
if I start now, I’ll have this hidden safely in my heart before the hectic Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons start

5. Because . . . 
Peter reminds me my hope in grace came at a cost; it was Jesus’ blood that redeemed me

Because of all these reasons and more, I want to memorize 1 Peter 1.

Though you have not seen him, you love him.
Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:8-9

* * *

More details here.

If you’d like to memorize it, too, register at Do Not Depart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails