image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Love like Him: Love Isn’t Resentful

cancel-the-debt

All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.
2 Corinthians 5:18

Ouch. What a week to be studying 2 Corinthians 5:14-21. (Do you ever wonder how God pinpoints our tender spots with each study?)

God knows I needed this one. I’ve recently signed off a chapter of my life. But remaining behind are many mixed emotions. Including some leftover resentment.

The more I think about it, the more I think I’m due payment on some outstanding debts. I deserve some apologies. Definitely more respect. And quite a few opportunities, not just for me but for many.

Oh, it sounds so ugly, yes? Yes. And rightly so.

Can you imagine Christ saying those things? Nope, me neither.

On the contrary, not only did he not call in the debts owed Him (and we know he could have!), he paid off everybody else’s. Including mine.

And including the few I think are owed me. They’re no longer mine to cash in.

Read the rest here

* * *

I’m writing today at Do Not Depart for our Love like Him summer study.

Inductive Bible Study

Is there a debt someone owes you?

What are you waiting for before you forgive it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails