image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

A May day

verbenaOutside my window...a new potted verbena from Jenna for Mother’s Day

I am remembering...planting a flowerbed each spring for my mom; missing her still

I am wondering...what triggered Jeff’s vertigo to return so soon

I am thankful...for a great ENT doctor who is not only smart but also funny (who doesn’t need to laugh more, especially in a doctor’s office?)

In the kitchen...less salt—doc suggested it might help with Jeff’s inner ear troubles so we he is trying itHiding-John-1-button

I am memorizing...John 1:9-10 this week

In the learning rooms...nothing but a mess to be cleaned up; no more lesson plans to create EVER

I am resolving...to have all schoolbooks gone, scrapbooks made, and papers trashed or stored by the end of May (that is, May 2013)

I am thinking...about rocks I don’t want to waste at the altar of grace

I am studying...gospel and grace and grace and gospel

the-transforming-power-of-the-gospel-by-jerry-bridgesI am pondering these words... 
     If it is true that the more we grow, the more sin we see in our lives, what will keep us from becoming discouraged?
     The answer is the realization that both our eternal salvation and our day-to-day standing with God are based not on our own performance but upon the sinless life and sin-bearing death of Jesus.
     -Jerry Bridges, The Transforming Power of the Gospel

I am grateful...my car battery died at home on Wednesday instead of somewhere else, even though it kept me from going to my ladies’ Bible study

I am wearing...a new summer haircut

Around the house...a visit with my beautiful nephew Alexander (who loves books! Win!)

book

I am creating...another VBS script to get translated into Spanish

I am reading...Catching Fire at last (and a few other books)

I am going...to visit my daughter and s-i-l this weekend!

I am praying...that Jenna and her new roommate will have a great first meeting on Saturday

I am looking forward to...Jenna’s graduation next weekend (well, trying to; it’s bittersweet)

invite

I am appreciating...friends who assume the best instead of the worst

I am realizing...you can’t accurately predict who will surprise you and who won’t (surprise!)

I am discovering...that leaving behind the old is rarely as simple as you’d like 10000-reasons-matt-redman

One of my favorite things...learning new songs of praise (i.e., Matt Redman’s 10,000 Reasons)

I am hearing...some great lessons from Patrick Mead via podcasts

A plan for the weekend...meeting and worshiping with a bloggy friend IRL at her church!

A picture for thought...me and my “baby” after her last chorus concert (so many lasts this month; looking forward to firsts in the fall!)

chorus

* * *

The Simple Woman's DaybookWhat are you doing today?

the simple woman's daybook
...where every day is a blank page

Past Daybooks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails