image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

A winter’s day in a new year

Outside my window...28° and sunnyThe Simple Woman's Daybook

I am thinking...how inadequate I feel for a lesson I’m presenting tomorrow

I am thankful...He promises strength when I am weak (2 Corinthians 12:10)

I am wondering...how unbelievers handle weakness

In the kitchen...I’ll soon be making taco soup and a pound cake

I am wearing...grey sweats and a 22-year-old pink “Ski Sugar” sweatshirt (I bought it when I was pregnant with Morgan on a ski trip; yes, I still love it)

I am realizing...I should drop in for a visit soon with a nearby church

I am going...to Ruby Tuesday’s today with my niece Danielle visiting home from New York!

I am reading...not as much as I want this week (but started a new book nonetheless, The Resignation of Eve)

I am studying...Jesus and his relationship to women in the Bible and to women today

I am creating...Jenna’s report card for last semester

I am hoping...that the neurologist can give Jenna a new medicine next week that will eliminate her headaches

I am looking forward to...getting new progressive lenses so I can see better again

I am learning...the world won’t stop if I still have my Christmas tree up (yes, I do)

Around the house...I am missing Jeff who is off hunting ducks again (but I’m thankful he can text me from the duck blind)

I am pondering...a return trip to El Salvador this coming summer

A favorite quote of the week...“Grace—that is what the full life is full of.” Ann Voskamp

One of my favorite things...lunch with the family girls at Casa Blanca

Upcoming plans...soups at my sister’s tonight before all our college kids leave again; teachers’ workshop with my church on Saturday; 1st day of new class with the teen girls on Sunday

A favorite picture...happy with both my girls at Christmas (and if you look closely, my new Scrabble “L” necklace, a gift from Jenna)

christmas 2011* * *

What are you doing today?

the simple woman's daybook
...where every day is a blank page

Past Daybooks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails