image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

My one word for 2012. Really, God?

venture-1_thumbOne word for 2012.

I’m a little scared of it.

I should have seen it coming.
2010 was “Breathe.”
2011 was “Depend and Delight.”

I think God’s been working me up to it, even though I’ve yet to master the other themes.

This year?
“Venture.”

Isn’t that what should come after a year of learning to depend more on him, delighting in his ways?

Trusting more and worrying less should lead to a willingness to take more chances. Live more courageously. Step out more in faith.

So here goes. I can’t plan it out. I can’t even study it out.

I just have to live it out.

Where will he take me? Maybe more “out there.” Maybe not. I can’t go ahead of him and scope out the places I’ll end up.

I’ll just have to follow his lead.

It’s a new season.
Ready or not. 
I’m venturing out.

     But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.”
     And Peter answered him, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.”
     He said, “Come.”
    
So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus.
Matthew 14:27-29

Venture Full* * *

Have you chosen “one word” for 2012?

Apologies to all those who left sweet comments before 9 a.m. this morning, which have since disappeared.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails