- Because it’s a poor (and not totally accurate) recitation of Romans 8.
I mess up. A lot.
- Because even though it’s riddled with mistakes, I don’t want it to be a “Hey, look at me!” thing. Trust me, it produces more humility in me than pride.
But I post it anyway because I want you to know that even while memorizing scripture doesn’t come easily to me, I do it for the joy...
- The joy of filling my mouth with Spirit-inspired words
- The joy of filling my heart with God’s love letters to me
- The joy of filling my soul again and again, day or night, open or closed book, with Jesus—the Word Himself.
* * *
That’s why I’m starting John 1:1-14 on Sunday, and invite you to join in.
It’ll be good. Because He is.
We’re linking up posts about memorizations today at Do Not Depart.
2012: My year to...