image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Who do you think you are?

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

tweet-1

Mr. Clyde said it in class yesterday morning:
Jesus started a new race of people.
A people meant to be perfect. It’s what the Word says (Matthew 5:48). 

I look around me.
These are the perfect people?

I see James. Somebody brings him each Sunday from his shelter because James wants to be here. You can tell James is homeless just by looking at his outside.

I see guys with more tattooed skin than clear. Women with kids but no rings. Old men who can’t hear well. Dwaine who has fallen fast asleep.

And let’s not forget those who at first glance may appear mainstream but are weird in our own ways once you get to know us.

Perfect?
It’s not what I see when I look at us.

But Who lives inside us is perfect.
Jesus Christ.
Deity. (2 Corinthians 13:5; John 14:20; 1 John 3:24; Colossians 1:27)

Oh my.

Mr. Clyde then says, “We live out of who we think we are.”

Who do you think you are?
The one you see on your outside?
Or the One who lives in you on your inside?

I take one more look around the room.
Dwaine is wide awake now. James is paying close attention. Clyde is pressing in with what we need to put off and what we need to put on (Colossians 3:8-10). 

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is our messiness already fading?

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another.
2 Corinthians 3:18

~   +   ~   +   ~   +   ~   +   ~   +   ~   +   ~   +   ~

Keeping up the grace count to 1000, # 436-444

~ Bible class teachers who never retire
~ homeless men who find home in Jesus
~ messy people on the outside made clean on the inside
~ inspiring movies—“Courageous”
~ extended-family meals
~ getting to hold both Lillie and Lily in the same day
~ young girls who pray with maturity
~ baseball
~ a God who looks on the heart (1 Samuel 16:7)

* * *

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails