image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Odds and ends--39

More Curios hereInteresting things I’ve been reading around the web:

1. Are you frustrated with your local church?
I’m deep into Bonhoeffer these days, so this quote from Deitrich Bonhoeffer on Desiring God blog about not being an accuser of your church really got to me.


2. The newest U.S. mission field...women???
Is the church losing the ladies? Interesting statistics from a new Barna study. 


3. How formal do you like your worship service? Carl Trueman offers an interesting perspective about formal liturgies.


4. The Myth of Mutual Submission
I read the chapter referenced, but I’m not sure what I think about it yet. You can see what you think.


5. A litmus test of whether you believe the gospel:
“If you want to know whether you love religion or whether you love the gospel, check and see how angry you are at God.” Read the rest here.

* * *

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Our church service is very formal, and I love it. :) And I grew up attending more informal worship services. Carl Trueman always makes me think.

Thought-provoking links here, Lisa. I find myself wanting to comment on all of them and struggling to know how to put my thoughts in words. I need to work on that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails