A bitter seed was growing inside Korah (Numbers 16:1ff).
His grumbling against Moses grew louder and louder. Just who does Moses think he is anyway? Why is he so high and mighty? Who put him in charge?
Upon hearing the charges brought against him by Korah and 250 prominent leaders of Israel, Moses—the most humble man on the face of the earth (Numbers 12:3)—fell. Facedown.
Would you? Would I?
Moses took it to God, the One he trusted.
He told Korah that God would make it clear whom He had chosen.
And he asked Korah a question.
This one haunted me.
Isn't it enough for you that the God of Israel has selected you out of the congregation of Israel to bring you near him to serve in the ministries of The Dwelling of GOD, and to stand before the congregation to minister to them?
Numbers 16:9 (Msg)
“Isn't it enough for you?”
And so it began last Monday.
An innocent little verse in my daily Bible reading in the book of Numbers in the Old Testament.
So I, too, tried to humble myself.
I listened to God asking me, each day, all week,
“Isn’t it enough for you that I ___???”
Can you ask yourself the question too?
Here are graces I discovered in the question...continuing my grace count to 1,000...
Voice (# 299)
- Isn’t it enough for you that I’ve given you freedom in a blog (# 300) to write whatever you want to about Me?
- Isn’t it enough for you that there are people who actually read (# 301) that blog you write?
- Isn’t it enough for you that you’ve made genuine spiritual connections (# 302) through that blog?
True Friends (# 303)
- Isn’t it enough for you that I’ve given you such caring friends (# 304) that they even look at wedding pictures you post on Facebook?
- Isn’t it enough for you that friends drove all the way to Alex City for Morgan’s wedding (# 305)?
- Isn’t it enough for you that Jeff desires to be your best friend (# 306) through thick and thin?
Purpose (# 307)
- Isn’t it enough that I give you opportunities to minister (# 308) to other people?
- Isn’t it enough that I’ve continued to sustain the 5:30 singing time (# 309) so you can unite your voice with others (# 310) to make a joyful noise (# 311) to Me?
- Isn’t it enough that I’ve placed people in your life who seek you out for spiritual conversation (# 312)?
Introversion (# 313) [this one is hard]
- Isn’t it enough that I’ve given you enough extrovert qualities (# 314) to keep you social but enough introvert qualities (# 315) to thoroughly enjoy spending alone time with Me?
- Isn’t it enough that I’ve blessed you with special friends who will love you with or without your introversion (# 316)?
- Isn’t it enough that I give you multiple avenues (# 317) to use your introversion love of writing (# 318) to connect with other people (# 319) about Me?
Direction (# 320) [about driving in Atlanta!]
- Isn’t it enough that I’ve given you Jenna (expert navigator and calm girl!) (# 321) to ride with you?
- Isn’t it enough that I’ve given you accurate Mapquest directions (# 322) and lots and lots of extra time in case you get lost (# 323)?
- Isn’t it enough that the peace I’ve put inside you (# 324) can override this anxiety?
Opportunities to share (# 325)
- Isn’t it enough for you that I’ve given you the Women of Faith weekend (# 326) to absorb Me so you’ll have even more of Me (# 327) to share with others?
- Isn’t it enough that I don’t hold you accountable (# 328) for the outcome of sharing, but just for the obedience to do it?
- Isn’t it enough that I have given you the gift of faith (# 329) and all I’m asking you to do it talk about Me with other people (# 330)?
Not only is it enough that You have chosen me to serve You (# 331),
You are more than enough (# 332).
And my God will supply
every need of yours
according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
[He] is able to do
far more abundantly
than all that we ask or think...
* * *
What would your questions look like?