image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Not just a fellow victim


If one is trapped inside an elevator in a burning building, an outside fireman who can force the door open is preferable to a fellow victim who is also trapped but understands the problem.


~ Michael C. Horton, A Place for Weakness

You want a God who understands you, right?
Who feels your pain.
Who can sympathize in your struggles.

You have that (Hebrews 4:15).

But it’s not enough.

You also want a God who can save you.

You have that too.

The LORD your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

Give thanks!

* * *

Have you taken time today to praise him for who he is and what he’s done?

7 comments:

Nikki (Sarah) said...

This is so right on Lisa. Want that kind of a God in my corner & glad He is all that & more.

Katie said...

I am thankful for this reminder Lisa!

He has saved me from myself more times than I can count. I and my sin are often my own worst enemy.

bekahcubed said...

Hallelujah! Praise God that Christ was not just a man who could sympathize with us, but the God who could also save us (and has)!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I'm so thank-ful that the Lord is everything I need him to be and then some. Thank-you for this post today.
Blessings,
Ginger

Barbara H. said...

If there was a "like" button by bekah's comment, I'd click it! I am glad Christ is both one who understands and one who can help.

Bobbi said...

I LOVE this quote...it made me chuckle and say AMEN!!

Charlotte said...

Amen. He is everything we want, need, and more.
Blessings,
Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails