image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Count the blessings of the day – # 136...159

the swingIt was a weird day.

We slept in (# 136), something we never do on Sundays because we usually leave the house at 8:20 a.m.

Then we visited a different church for Palm Sunday (# 137) because Jenna was ballet dancing there (# 138), something we never see on Sundays.

Then we had lunch with my extended family (# 139) on what would have been my dad’s (# 140) 74th birthday.

It was our first family meal at my parents’ old house (# 141) since they both died. I cried a little; my brother (# 142) said that’s okay; it would get easier after this first time was out of the way.

My nephew (# 143) now lives in the house with his sweet wife (# 144) and adorable son (# 145). I’m super glad they live there (# 146).

My great-nephew cooed while we sat on the swing (# 147), the same swing that I sat on with my own babies (# 148) and every one of my nieces and nephews through the years (# 149).

Then when we stopped to buy gas on the way home, we met Kristin (# 150). She wanted money. But when I kept offering to buy her something to eat instead, she said she was really just thirsty. When I brought her back a Coke and a snack, I was happy she was still there waiting (# 151).

And when I asked her what I could pray about for her, she told me (# 152). She wanted to get her life together (# 153). But she was already busy panhandling the next guy, who was ignoring her, so we didn’t get to talk any more.

But I can still talk to our powerful God (# 154) on her behalf, so will you pray with me today (# 155) for Kristin, a lost little girl in a grown-up body, wherever she may find herself today?

You never know what a day will bring (# 156).
Count his unpredictable and gracious blessings (# 157) wherever he puts them for you.

Wasn’t Jesus’ journey (# 158) on Palm Sunday a weird one too?
     And even more unusual by the next Sunday (# 159)...

* * *

Where have you experienced unexpected blessings in your day?

11 comments:

Melanie said...

I LOVE how you arranged you list in a story rather than just a list! And... what a sweet baby!!! Oh my goodness! So happy to 'meet' you today!

I have some free Easter / "He Is Risen" blog buttons if you would like one to display on your blog during Holy Week! They are on my blog and free to anyone who would like one. :-)

Celebrating His resurrection,
Melanie

tinuviel said...

May the Lord draw Kristin to Himself and send more Christians to treat her kindly and bear witness to Him with word and deed.

How lovely that your parents' home is still in the family. May the Lord continue to soothe grief with His comfort and hope of resurrection.

Barbara H. said...

I like how you arranged this this time, too. I'm so glad that the family home has been kept in the family. These special days within the first year after a love one's passing may be the hardest though there will always be "pangs." Glad you were able to spend the day with family.

Trisha said...

Teary-eyed from this post that overflows with much gratitude. Our God is so good! And, you, dear Lisa, are beautiful, inside and out.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

So beautiful, and Kristin touched my heart so deeply. Isn't it amazing how the Lord directs our pathways so we can give cool drinks in His name???!!!! I will be praying others will really SEE her and continue touching her life.
Thank you for your post today. I loved the story form, too!

Rachel said...

Sounds like an unusual Sunday to be thankful for. Lifting you up in this time of grief.
We watched the movie Babies on Sunday and it made me see the many blessings we have and the many blessings we need to slow down and enjoy.

Donna said...

Lisa, your telling of the day is very creative and thanks-prompting. Thank you for sharing the gift of your words, your heart.

Christina Berry said...

AWESOME format for your list, and what a great list! Glad you had what sounds like a really incredible Sunday! Hope this week is just as great!

Lisa notes... said...

It amazes me how sharing our gifts makes us all more grateful. I appreciate the prayers for Kristin, whoever and wherever she may be laying her head tonight. There are so many sad ones out there who don't know the sweet gifts they could be receiving too...May the Lord continue to call them to himself.

Joan Hall said...

I pray the Lord will draw Kristen to Himself.

I too like the way you turned this into a story.

Blessings,
Joan

Kristy said...

What a sweet post! Left me a bit teary, thanks for sharing in such a way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails