image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Words worth remembering

I want to forget some words that are spoken to me almost as soon as I hear them. But some words I never want to forget.

I keep a treasure chest in my mind of sweet words that others have said or written to me through the years. I like pulling them out when I need an extra dose of hope and encouragement.

And then there are Jesus’s words. They’re in a whole separate category. What words compare to his? Who speaks truth greater than he does?

These words of his recorded by John are a few of my favorites, all worth remembering:

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
John 5:24

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
John 8:12

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
John 8:36

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
John 14:27

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

I’ve been listening to this song about his words over and over this week.
It reminds me to hang on to all his words. They are life to me.

Hanging On
Britt Nicole
LYRICS

You see my anxious heart
You see what I am feeling
And when I fall apart
You are there to hold me
How great your love for me
Now I see what You're thinking
You say I'm beautiful
Your voice is my healing

Without You I just can't get by
So I'm

CHORUS:
Hanging on to every word You speak
'Cause it's all that I need
Hanging on to every word You say
To light up my way
Even every little whisper I'm
Hanging on as if it were my life
I'm hanging on

And when the darkness falls
I can't see what's before me
Your voice is like the dawn
Always there to guide me

Without you I just can't get by
So I'm

CHORUS

BRIDGE:
You know me better than I know myself
Better than anybody else
Your love is sounding like a ringing bell
Oh, oh, I won't let go

CHORUS

* * *

What words of his do you like to remember?

8 comments:

Trisha said...

Yes, friend, His words are LIFE! How grateful I am for that and for the privilege to soak these words up daily. Your heart for Him blesses me!

Thena said...

I love knowing that He is with us always even unto the end of the earth.
That no matter what we go through He is there.
Have a blessed weekend!!!

Michelle said...

Thank you for the encouraging words today.

`Hanging on to every word You speak
'Cause it's all that I need
Hanging on to every word You say
To light up my way`

Pia said...

Hanging on to every word You speak... yes, i am hanging on, Jesus!

beautiful song. love it!

Victoria said...

Great words of encouragement Lisa-I posted a song on my Thankful post today also-about the Love of God.

Joan Hall said...

There is nothing that comfort us like Jesus' words. I love the scriptures you shared.

I'm catching up on reading everyone's thankful list this weekeend and I've enjoyed reading yours. Glad the dog is okay. :) I almost hit my cat the other night when he decided to run in front of my van. (Goofy cat!)

Jocelyn said...

First time hearing this song - love her voice and love the song! =)

Have a blessed weekend!

Lisa Hellier said...

His words that promise peace have been of special comfort these last few weeks in facing a health issue. Knowing that temporal events will never overcome an eternal glory are words to stand firm in faith upon. Thanks for reminding us of the power of Jesus' words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails