image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

They shared

I’m grateful for people who share.

As God blesses us, we bless others. It’s a win-win.

I’ve been blessed this week by those who’ve shared these things with me: 

1. CD swappingcdsWhen I mentioned I needed new tunes in the car, Jenna graciously volunteered her CD collection to ride with me awhile. I’ve been blessed hearing new songs every time I’m in the car now (although I still sneak my Casting Crowns CD into the mix when the urge to sing the familiar becomes too strong).

2. My mom’s jewelrymoms jewelryMy sisters and I have loosely split up my mom’s jewelry. I have this pile in my bedroom awaiting me to go through. When I’m finished, I’ll pass it back around.

3. Traveling books bookI love sharing a good book with someone that I know will enjoy it. And vice versa. Jenna has benefited lately by her friend Ashley sharing her favorites with her. And I love watching Jenna curled up with a book because I know how much fun that is. And don’t even get me started on how grateful I am that the library shares books!

4. Jewelry from the party ladybraceletI never win anything. But when the jewelry party lady on Saturday decided to give away two door prizes instead of one, I was the second winner. I’m glad she was a sharer.

5. My daughter’s clothesclothesI admit it’s a little weird to wear my daughter’s hand-me-downs. But when Morgan brought home a bag of clothes she didn’t want, Jenna and I went through them and each found a few shirts we could wear. (I’m also glad that Morgan cleaned out her closet. But let’s not talk about that right now…)

I’m also very grateful for people who share their spiritual gifts.

When I have questions, I know who will share their passion for God’s Word with me. When I need advice, I know who will give it freely. And when I need prayers, I have friends who are more than willing to share God with me in that way, too.

May I be as gracious a giver as those who have shared with me!

* * *

What has someone shared with you this week?

17 comments:

Hazel said...

Sharing is indeed one of life's greatest joys. My mother and I also wear each other's hand-me-downs. That's an elegant prize you have. Is it onyx?

Happy Friday.

Jerralea said...

Congrats on winning a door prize! (I never win those.)

It is really great when people share. I have a friend that loans me her new CDs. And I am the library's best customer!

I do like to share when a scripture really speaks to me. I pray I will share even more.

Susanne said...

Sharing makes life that much sweeter. Love the jewelry you won!

Carrie said...

That sounds awesome! Trading CDs and books is most definitely a win-win situation!

This morning I accidentally put on my four year old's socks which fit me snugly, but well. I started thinking that when he outgrew this particular pair I would take them. And I think that's weird. Am I supposed to be taking my 4-5 year old's hand-me-down socks!?

I didn't think my feet were THAT small - or that his are THAT big!

Sandy@Jesus and Dark Choc said...

Love the pic of Jenna curled up reading!! :) Isn't it fun to win something!! I have won a couple things over the year, and I get so excited about those simple things in life! :)

Barbara H. said...

Neat format for a Fave Five!

Congrats on winning a door prize! That's always fun.

Good for you for being able to wear your daughter's clothes!

That's neat that you have people to share books with.

My mom's taste in jewelry was very different from mine, yet I do treasure having one of her mother's rings.

Cindy said...

New to you clothes, great

Lots of jewels.

Melissa said...

I need to go through some CDs and share them. I have WAY too many!

And I cannot thank the library enough for sharing! (I share the books I read for review with the public library & my church library when I'm done)

Brenda said...

I love the picture of your daughter reading, she looks so cozy. . . . and it makes me want a snuggie!

Willow said...

My neighbors often share books and magazines. Isn't it great to have people who share your interests?

I regularly get hand-me-downs from my girls and I send things their way too. Love it!

Melissa said...

Sharing IS a wonderful thing!

This week ... a friend shared her advice with me. But that's already on my FFF list, so how about this? My husband shared a chocolate bar with me!

Heather said...

The jewelry looks pretty! I like to make jewelry and hope to sell some one day!

Love your daughter's snuggie! Go Auburn!!

It's great you got some clothes out of the deal!

ellen b. said...

It is good to share...sometimes I think as we grow older we forget to do that :0)
Jenna looks so snugglie reading her shared book. Love it!
Have a great weekend...

Anonymous said...

Lisa, What a sweet thanksgiving post this is.

Let's see...I have been given so many gifts this week I can't count them all! They are not of the material kind though - they have been phone calls and prayers - and words of encouragement. Offers to take me for tests - Acts of loving kindness that I cannot hold in my hand but rather in my heart.

God bless you tonight my friend.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I love your sentiment at the end: "May I be as gracious a giver as those who have shared with me."

Love those hand-me-downs, no matter where they come from! I know what you mean about those priceless friends, too.

Happy Friday, Happy Fall!

Trisha said...

Lisa,
What a blessing to see your pictures and read of God's goodness to you through the sharing of others! I, too, am blessed with some generous givers in my life.

Becky said...

This week, my husband and children, have shared their love and kisses with me...I am so grateful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails