One question in the book is:
What advice about life do you want others to remember?
We loved my mom’s answers so much that we printed them in her funeral program on Saturday. I hear her voice clearly here:
1. Pray every day
2. Don’t expect too much from anybody
3. Realize everybody has weaknesses
4. Be a good listener
5. Use the talents you have and don’t feel guilty about the ones you don’t have
6. Be patient and compassionate
7. Don’t hold grudges
8. It’s okay to be wrong sometimes
9. Be the first to say, “I’m sorry”
10. Remember you are very precious to God
~ Jamie Coates
I need to take this advice more often. You, too?
* * *