image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

The unexpected—Friday’s Fave Five

Friday's Fave Five @ Living to Tell the Story I’m a routine kind of girl, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like surprises (pleasant ones, that is!).

God has blessed me with so many unexpected gifts lately.

Like running into my cousin at the grocery store this week.

I hadn’t seen Doug in years, but there he was when I walked in the door. We had a great little reunion catching up on all the important family stuff.

Here are 5 other out-of-the-blue blessings
and where God put them to surprise me:

1. “Faith girl” and cards
      In my mailbox Have_faith
“Have faith”—a message I need to hear, and now I can also see. Lots of love passes through my mailbox.

2. A ready-to-cook dinner  
     From my friend’s car after church

full_meal

I served it at my parents’ house on Thursday night to them, my own family, and another friend who had stopped in. And we still had enough leftovers for another meal next week.

(Well, except for the brownies. I’ve got a feeling they may be gone by tomorrow afternoon… Just a hunch…)

3. Houseplant and pink carnations
     On my front porch  plant_and_flowersPlus it came with a card that said “Read these scriptures,” a specially-chosen list just for me.

helpful_books4. Helpful books
     From the hands of friends
They’ve been there; done that. Now they’re shining the light for me, holding my hand as I walk through.

5. Prayers  
     In my e-mail inbox.
     In comments on my blog.
     On my Facebook wall.
     As tweets.
     In the doctor’s office.
     Far-away; nearby; face-to-face; through the air.

I love being surprised by who they come from,
and I appreciate every one!

* * *

May the God of surprises do the same for you today,
blessing you unexpectedly in ways you wouldn’t have imagined!

He’s a bottomless pit of blessings.

Now to him who is able to do
far more abundantly
than all that we ask or think,

according to the power at work within us,
to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus
throughout all generations, forever and ever.
Amen.

Ephesians 3:20-21

For more Friday’s Fave Five, visit with the gang at Susanne’s blog.

* * *

13 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Such wonderful surprises this week for you Lisa. Loved to read your list and see the photos too.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Hazel said...

These are great great faves. Who doesn't love pleasant surprises?

"He's a bottomless pit" I honestly thought bottomless pit is where the devil is thrown at. After all those Bible classes. I'm glad to find something new about it today. Thanks.

nikkipolani said...

How fun, Lisa! A lovely group of surprise fives. I like #5 especially.

Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate said...

Oh Lisa isn't it good to walk through difficult times with such special friends and a mighty God! Sure looks like God is encouraging you along the way, what special surprises to come your way. :)

ellen b said...

What sweet blessings! God is good and when people respond to his goodness by being a blessing to others it's really really good! :0)

Susanne said...

What a sweet post, Lisa. I love how God works through others to bring unexpected blessings to others. I need to be more sensitive when God is nudging me to be a blessing in such a way!

Carrie said...

I really appreciate hearing about your family's journey. Even though I know it's excruciatingly hard, I am blessed to be able to hear of it. Your posts the past few weeks have encouraged me so much! Thank you for sharing!

(And brownies don't last long around here either. Unfortunately.)

Melissa said...

Those surprises are wonderful blessings! Thanks for sharing your list. :)

Marg said...

It's always amazing when we can sit back and look to see how God has provided for us weekly.

Brenda said...

It sounds like you have received a lot of encouragement this week, thats wonderful. Its always great to have a ready made meal on hand, I like to keep those in the freezer, but I should learn to give some away. :)

storyteller at Small Reflections said...

Delightful list ... love your delightful Faith girl and am glad you've received prayers and encouragement.
Hugs and blessings,

Dorothy said...

Oh, Lisa, I am so glad that He is blessing you in these unexpected ways this week!

Love and prayers,
Dorothy

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Wow! You had some great out-of-the-blue blessings this week. How encouraging!

Have a wonderful weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails