image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Remember the benefits

More Memory Monday Are you memorizing scripture this week? Join us at Joanne’s for Memory Monday.

Learned last week:
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
3 who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, 
4 who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy.

Psalm 103:1-4

   So far this morning I’ve already been a cook, a teacher, a maid, an many hatsaccountant, a manager, a friend.

It’s what we all do. We slide in and out of roles all the time. Sometimes noticed; most times, not.

But the LORD wears the most hats; he does all good things. All the time. And who reaps the benefits? We do!

Sometimes we give him credit for it; most times, we don’t.

Look over this list from Ps 103 and praise him right now for at least these blessings:

  • He pardons away all your evil
  • He treats all your wounds
  • He pulls you out of the abyss
  • He encircles you with compassion

I won’t do any of those things. Not today, tomorrow, or ever.
But he will. Every day. Forever.

Will I remember to give him thanks for it? Not often enough.

Lord, may we all remember to tell you more often: 
I bless you, LORD, with all my soul, I bless your holy name!

* * *

Learning this week:
5  who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
6  The LORD works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed.
7  He made known his ways to Moses, his acts to the people of Israel.

Psalm 103:5-7

* * *

2 comments:

Brett said...

I thought I'd share a website I've created to help with scripture memory.

http://scripturetyper.com

Blessings,

Brett

Karen said...

Another great post Lisa!

Hope you have a great week!
Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails