image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

My wanna-be style—Corner View

Okay, so this is my day-at-home style.
Loose. Comfy. Efficient.
It might land me on “What NOT to Wear” some day.
    
(For much prettier views of “your style,” visit the links at Jane’s for this week’s Corner View.)my style

But frankly, my invisible clothing means far more to me than anything hanging in my closet.

I drew this wardrobe in my little notebook one Sunday morning when I was sitting with the church (Ephesians 6:13-18) because I needed to remind myself how to dress for warfare. (My drawing style is also loose, comfy, and efficient…I apologize.)Read Ephesians 6:10-18 for the whole armor of God It’s how I need to dress myself each morning, prepared for battle, adorning the whole armor of God, so I can stand firm.

I don’t want to be remembered for what eyes can see. I’d rather be dressed with an “unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit” (1 Peter 3:3-4).

I’m not there. My style doesn’t say “holy beauty.”
But it is the wardrobe I want to wear, the style I want to show.
God is working on me, clothing me in his righteousness that will last forever.

For we fix our attention, not on things that are seen,
but on things that are unseen.
What can be seen lasts only for a time,
but what cannot be seen lasts forever.
2 Corinthians 4:18 (GNB)

* * *

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Great post !

Dorothy said...

Yes! I aspire to the same spiritual clothing but far too many days, I put on some ugly, mismatched item (or two) instead.

Great post, Lisa.

Debbie Petras said...

This is a good reminder Lisa. We are in a battle every day and yet we sometimes pay more attention to dressing the outer body and neglect what we really need. Our spiritual dressing as we are clothed in Christ.

Karen said...

When I'm at home, I'm usually in sweat pants and a comfy shirt too! What a great parallel you drew between our external and internal clothing.

Hope you're having a great week!
Karen

shayndel said...

Beautiful way to look at this weeks theme.
I like your inspiring sketch and thoughts.
Have a great week,

jane said...

we can got to what not to wear together... ;) i love my sweats...

Lisa Spence said...

I'm liking both styles and I'm thinking you rock them both! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails