image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

He will. He will. He will. Jeremiah 32 – Memory Monday

More Memory Monday Learned last week:
(Well, sort of. I didn’t do very well. So I’m working on it again this week, along with an easier one below.)

I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me.
Jeremiah 32:40

I’m breaking it down like this:
God will MAKE
God will not TURN
God will PUT
so that we may not TURN

Looks like God is carrying the heavier workload.

He’s the one who cuts the covenant with us that will last forever.
He’s the one who continues to do good things for us.
He’s the one who gives us a reverence for him.
So that we won’t leave him.

Who would WANT to leave somebody with such devotion?

Um, me. You. Everybody else we know.

It’s hard to imagine why. But we get lured away by temptation all the time, to think bad thoughts, to act out improper behaviors, to love self more than loving him and others.

But thankfully, God is actively at work to prevent those things. He wants to keep us walking to him, not away from him. So he is passionately doing and pursuing.

Quite amazing, huh? I hope to remember it better this week!

* * *

Learning this week:
(Very glad to see these next verses on our list to memorize. A great complement to the above Jeremiah verse!)

For I am convinced that
neither death nor life,
neither angels nor demons,
neither the present nor the future,
nor any powers,
neither height nor depth,
nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)

Are you memorizing a verse or two this week? Then join us at Joanne’s for Memory Monday.

2 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Lisa, so important to memorize Scripture. I find it harder the older I get but I don't want that to keep me from doing so. I remember sitting on my front upstairs patio memorizing Psalm 19. It takes me a while but I love when the HS reminds me just when I need it. I love that you are writing this post out with hints to remember.

Blessings,
Debbie

Lynn Severance said...

Thanks, Lisa - I needed YOUR words today!

I am praying for your "waiting time", too. I appreciate your continuing encouragement.

Love ya'
Lynn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails