image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Live life on purpose (Day 9, Proverbs)

Proverbs 9: 6
"Leave your simple ways, and live, and walk in the way of insight."

Sometimes it’s fun to meander. I like walking through the woods out back to see which daffodils are in bloom, and where the brook is headed, and what my dog is chasing. It’s never a straight path. And that’s okay.

But if I want to really get somewhere, I’m all about the most efficient line from Point A to Point B.

In life, I really want to get somewhere. My Point A (foolishness) to God’s Point B (wisdom).

Wisdom sends her young women down the road, calling out (Proverbs 9:1-6):

"Whoever is simple, let him turn in here! ...Leave your simple ways, and live, and walk in the way of insight."

Over and over and over...SEEK WISDOM. I think God is quite serious about this. Am I?

The “simple” are the foolish, the silly, the seducible. The ones who get in trouble easily. The ones who only want to have fun, but don’t think of the consequences that will be anything but fun.

These are not the ones who should be our best friends and constant companions, lest they seduce us into their foolish ways.

If we want to live, really live, we look straight ahead and take the path of wisdom and understanding and knowledge and meaning.

See with God's vision.
Walk the path of insight.
Live life on purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails