image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Let Go

She left again yesterday to return to college. I am left sad and empty.

So I look up; I praise; I pray; I worship. Focusing on Him fills me. The sadness remains for a season, but the emptiness is not quite as hollow now.

Kathleen Norris puts it this way in The Quotidian Mysteries: Laundry, Liturgy and ‘Women’s Work’:

"I need to be reminded that the key that would set me free is already in my possession. Worship has often proved to be that key; although on the surface it seems useless, it is also necessary, a means of reconnecting with other people when acedia or dejection has isolated me. Worship grounds me again in the real world of God’s creation, dislodging me from whatever world I have imagined for myself."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails