I used to think you had to be special for God to use you, but now I know you simply need to say yes.
BOB GOFF, Love Does
I want to say yes to Psalm 71 this season.
- Yes to continually going to the Lord as my refuge (Psalm 71:3)
- Yes to letting him be my main hope (Psalm 71:5)
- Yes to praising him more and more (Psalm 71:6)
But for every opportunity to say yes,
I also have a chance to say no.
- No to clicking on Scripture Typer to learn new verses
- No to taking five minutes in the afternoon to review old verses
- No to asking God to deliver me, rescue me. Again.
Because by the end of April, the only way I’ll extraordinarily know 24 new verses—in the ultimate quest to better know the extraordinary Lord they’re talking about—is if I do ordinary things each day.
If I say yes today.
To the small things.
Just a little.
I’ll give God my simple yes now.
And trust he’ll multiply it into something special later.
* * *
What little thing are you saying yes to today?