image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

A day in November

The Simple Woman's DaybookOutside my window...color, color, color (loving the trees)

I am thinking...about forming my 2012 spiritual resolutions

I am wondering...if the resolution that keeps popping in my head is really from God (I’m fighting it; it’s too hard)

I am resolving...to fulfill my 2011 resolution by depending on God for my 2012 resolutions

I am thankful...for His strength in my weakness, 2 Corinthians 12:9 (even though I fight against that sometimes too. Pride—yuck)

In the learning rooms...this year is the easiest yet (and last) in my 17 years of homeschooling

In the kitchen...all clean, thanks to a sweet husband who washed dishes so I could start a movie with Jenna (H.P #3 before I start reading H.P # 4 in the car on Saturday)

I am going...to the Coleman/Lauderdale family reunion on Saturday in Toccopola, Mississippi! Ever heard of it? It’s in Pontotoc county. Does that help? ;-)

I am looking forward to...seeing relatives I haven’t seen in a long time, including my cousin Brenda who I’ve gotten to know this past year through blogging (isn’t God wonderful among the details?)

I am eating...Reese’s since we had ZERO trick-or-treaters, if you don’t count Jenna ringing the doorbell when she came home from ballet (she dressed like a cow)

I am wearing...my typical winter attire: sweat pants, long-sleeve turtleneck with a t-shirt on top, socks and tennis shoes (I hate being cold)

I am reading...The Faith of Leap. I’m pleasantly surprised by its depth so far, much deeper than another book I’m reading, Going Deep. Go figure.

I am appreciating...my new laptop and its speed and new shortcuts

I am realizing...this may be our first Christmas without Morgan home on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning

I am hoping...I won’t be a whiner about that. Or a guilt-tripper.

I am studying...the fruit of the Spirit with our small group and with Do Not Depart

I am enjoying...thoroughly enjoying!, messages back and forth in her broken English and my Google Translate Spanish with my friend Gloria in El Salvador. I feel super blessed every time she writes me.

Around the house...an updated photo and drawing from Jose! He’s the cutie we’re sponsoring through World Vision in El Salvador

I am praying...about the displaced people from the floods that have ravaged Central America

I am discovering...how much God blessed me with that week in El Salvador. A year ago I couldn’t have located it on a map, and now it’s personal and special, home to people I love.

One of my favorite things...cranking up the electric blanket before I crawl in bed, starting tonight

A few plans...a day trip to Nashville with Kay to see Wicked (thanks, Mr. and Mrs. Townsley)

A picture to share...my Sunday night Bible study group. I love these brothers and sisters!Small-Group

* * *

To visit more November daybooks, 
the simple woman's daybook
...where every day is a blank page

Past Daybooks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails