image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

A day in November

The Simple Woman's DaybookOutside my window...is a happy Kandie in the yard with a big limb in her mouth – nature’s toy

I am thinking...more and more about how to praise ALL of God’s nature, even the parts I’m uncomfortable with

I am wondering...whether we should convert our wood fireplace to a gas one

I am thankful for...the many, many days and nights I’ve enjoyed cuddled in front of a cozy real fire

In the learning rooms...I’m wondering what my brain will think when I stop homeschooling in a year and a half

In the kitchen...will be a happy family when they smell we’re having lasagna for supper

I am sending...my banana pudding recipe to Morgan to go with her deer meat supper (in her words, “have to cook what the caveman brings to the fire”)

I am wearing...too much Halloween candy

I am creating...a plan for concrete spiritual resolutions for 2011

I am going...to vote then pick up Jenna from Driver’s Ed and let her drive us home

I am reading...my friend Melanie’s book The Healer’s Apprentice and R.C. Sproul’s The Holiness of God

I am hoping...that Morgan will get her work schedule changed now so she’ll be home for Thanksgiving weekend (and that I’ll be understanding, if not)

I am hearing...the Rosetta Stone voice speaking Spanish to Jenna and the washing machine filling up 

Around the house...are clean blinds in the bathroom because somebody (not me! Thanks, Jeff) cleaned them Saturday (yippee!)

I am praying...for friends desiring to make godly decisions to help family members in crisis

One of my favorite things...is not feeling the need to be in a hurry

A picture to share...of our sweet golden retrieverKandie

* * *

For more November days, visit
the simple woman's daybook
...where every day is a blank page

5 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Smiling at your answer to what you're wearing. :-)

We had a wood stove in our previous house and have a gas one now. We haven't really used it much yet. It will be nice not to have to bring wood in, keep the fire "stoked," and clean ashes out, but I wonder if I will miss a "real" fire.

Lisa notes... said...

Barbara,
Yes, those are a few of the reasons we're thinking about switching. But I'm so reluctant to let go of my real fires because I do love them so... Keep me updated on how you make it through this winter. :-)

Debbie Petras said...

I have to say that I love golden retrievers. If my hubby wasn't allergic to dog hair, I would definitely get one. He's adorable.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Melissa said...

We have a gas fireplace, and don't use it as much as I'd hoped we would. It's very convenient, and not very messy though!

Would love to hear about your resolutions for 2011.

And I love not feeling like I'm in a hurry. I've felt that way ever since my watch broke last month & I didn't replace/fix it.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love our gas fireplace! It is so nice to come in on a cold day, flip a switch, and immediately have a warm fire to cozy up to! No clean-up, no feeding the fire. I really love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails