image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

30 Days of Thanksgiving, anyone?

If you want to have a meaningful November, try thankfulness.

For the 5th year in a row, Rebecca at RebeccaWrites is hosting 30 days of giving thanks at her “November of Thanksgiving” celebration.

Button:
If you want to use this button, right-click on the image, then “Save Image As…” on your computer. Resize as desired. Or e-mail me.November_of_Thanksgiving_at_Rebecca-Writes

If you’re a blogger:
Post something each day on your blog and send the link to Rebecca.

If you’re not a blogger:
Either leave a comment at Rebecca’s post, or e-mail Rebecca your thanks and she’ll include it in a post.

It’s easy. It’s quick. It makes a difference.

Participating last year really blessed me, as I looked for ways to see God’s goodness as well as reading how others found His goodness. I anticipate seeing Him in new ways this year as well. More details here.

May this excerpt from Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence
by Sarah Young encourage you to be thankful to Him as it does me.

~ based on 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; James 4:8; Romans 15:13

Thank Me frequently as you journey through today. This practice makes it possible to pray without ceasing, as the apostle Paul taught.

If you are serious about learning to pray continually, the best approach is to thank Me in every situation. These thankful prayers provide a solid foundation on which you can build all your other prayers. Moreover, a grateful attitude makes it easier for you to communicate with Me.

When your mind is occupied with thanking Me, you have no time for worrying or complaining. If you practice thankfulness constantly, negative thought patterns will gradually grow weaker and weaker.

Draw near to Me with a grateful heart, and My Presence will fill you with Joy and Peace.

* * *

14 comments:

Virginia said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful post with us today.
What a wonderful idea!!
Much Blessings,
Virginia

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I like that -- when we're occupied by thanking and praising our Creator, we have no time or room for criticism and complaining!!

Thanks for mentioning the Thanksgiving posts...I'm heading over there.

Trisha said...

Lisa,
I saw this at Rebecca's site, but I'm glad you posted about it. I've been able to look back at your previous posts to get a better idea how things work. Thanks!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Hi Lisa...going to check out Rebecca's blog. Every thursday I do a thankful thursday post and even if the whole week was rangy....just thinking about what I'm grateful for changes everything. Great post...thanks for this....Sarah

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Thanks, Lisa. I am going to check this out.

Becky said...

Hey Lisa, I love the button you made. How do you do that? You should post a tutorial on how to do it!

Lisa notes... said...

Becky,
I'm sure there are better ways to do it, but the easiest, quickest way I used to make the button was to copy Rebecca's picture onto Power Point, then insert text boxes where I wanted them. Saved it all and tweaked it on Paint.net (a wonderful FREE photo-editing program).

I'll look forward to seeing you there in November!

Renee said...

This is a good idea and one that would be "a good thing" to do! Wonderful post, Lisa....God bless you and yours today.

Charlotte said...

I love November. This post makes me even more grateful that it is a month of Thanksgiving. Actually every month should be a month of Thanksgiving but seems more people are focusing on it in November. Thank you for such a thoughtful post.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Saleslady371 said...

You are so inspiring. Being thankful every day is life changing. I don't have this devotional so when you girls share something from it, my heart leaps!

Hugs,
Mary

Donnie said...

This was a lovely post. Your words were so meaningful. Have a blessed day.

Pam said...

Thanks for the linky. I appreciated your heart in the Alzheimer's Posts. I have had family members with the disease and I work in the Alz unit at the local facility on the night shift. I know the pain of it all. Looking forward to all the Thanksgiving postings ...

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for this lovely button for Rebecca's thanksgiving blog. And also for stopping by my blog. I stand amazed to learn that there are so many Christ exhalting blogs out here. I look forward to reading yours now too - You have some topics I am particularly interested in. I'll be back.

Blessings!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Many thanks for this lovely button. You've been given credit on my blog, with gratitude.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails