image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Live in Day 7

mammaw 1994My last great-grandparent died 16 years ago.
My last grandparent died 6 years ago.
My last parent died 7 days ago.

I found satisfaction in the labor of loving.
What now?

1 Work
2 Work
3 Work
4 Work
5 Work
6 Work
7 Done.

And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done.
So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.

Genesis 2:2-3

Rest in the work of the cross.
Rest in the empty tomb. 
It is complete.

Jesus said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
John 19:30

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

So what now?
Rest.
Discover peace there.
Live in Day 7.at rest

* * *

See more interpretations of 7 around the world at Corner View.

Related:

3 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

Oh, friend. I didn't know. I am so behind on my blog reading that I had no idea of your loss. I am so sorry and I am slightly embarassed by my well meaning but ignorant nonetheless DM I sent you earlier. I am praying that the peace of the Lord will be your comfort and your peace as you grieve...

Theresa said...

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Karyn said...

I'm so sorry, Lisa. I didn't know until your FFF post. I have enjoyed reading about the tender love and care you and your family showered on your mom in these last difficult months. You've been an inspiration to me....a picture of Jesus' love.

I pray your heart is comforted and you are able to dwell on all the wonderful memories you have of your mother.

God Bless you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails