image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Not mundane. More.

I must admit, it’s been quite a surprising journey. But once my appetite had been whet, there was no turning back.

I was ruined. Mundane Christian living would no longer suffice.

Not then, not now, and by God’s grace, not ever again.
-Priscilla Shirer, One in a Million

I’ve tasted real Christianity, too.
And anything else tastes bitter in my mouth.

But, sometimes, that leaves me discouraged when I feel I’m forced to participate in the mundane.

I must remind myself: I never have to return to mundane. Even if it looks mundane on the outside, Jesus is never mundane on my inside.

So we’re not talking about a God who’s thrifty in His tastes or stingy in His gifts. On the contrary, He is sitting on the edge of His seat to give us more than we can “ask or think” (Eph 3:20).

More. That’s far from mundane. There’s nothing about God that’s ordinary or commonplace or routine.

He’s more.

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 
to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.
Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21

* * *

Where do you need to believe in more than mundane?

5 comments:

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Hey Lisa,
So, so glad you have linked up with Spiritual Sundays--welcome.

I really needed this post today. I don't want to ever settle for the mundane or second best in this spiritual journey. Thank you!

Charlotte said...

I agree. He is never mundane. He has given me more than I would have ever thought possible, both spiritual and material blessings.
Hope you have a blessed week.
Charlotte

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I thank the Lord daily for all he has blessed me with, even if it is left overs for the 3rd time:). Mr. Linky was not working for you link today, I just noticed it when I clicked on #47. It's working now. I hope you still get lots of visits.
Ginger

Stephani Cochran said...

Thanks for your thoughts Lisa! The word "drudgery" comes to mind. Finding Jesus in the drudgery of life. Living Jesus in the drudgery of life. I struggle with that sometimes. I want the mountain tops. I want to change the world. I need to change MY world with his help.

Karen said...

Praise God! He has called us out of darkness into His marvelous light!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails