image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

“This So Called Love”—Then Sings My Soul Saturdays

This simple, short song captivates me every time I hear it. It’s the last track on Mercy Me’s latest CD, The Generous Mr. Lovewell, but that doesn’t mean it’s the least.

It sums it all up.
(And if you need proof, read 1 Corinthians 13:1-3).

This_So_Called_Love_by_MercyMe

This So Called Love
Mercy Me
LYRICS

I can be there for you when it can't get much harder
I can cover your head when life starts to rain
I can hold on tight when it feels like you're falling
I can bread crumb the path when you've lost your way
I can make you laugh when the whole world is crying
I can build you up when you're broken in shame
But if all that we do is absent of Jesus,
Then this so called love is completely in vain...

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three;
but the greatest of these is love. 
1 Corinthians 13:13

* * *

6 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Short and sweet but a wonderful true message about love. Jesus in us and through us is love. He teaches me how to love others.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Madonna said...

I love MercyMe and this song is new to me. I think we tend to forget what its all about sometimes.

Michelle said...

I was studying about love this week, esp. agape love which only comes from God. Thanks for choosing this song!

My TSMSS is up

Karen said...

My favorite line is...

"I can bread crumb the path when you've lost your way"...I have followed those crumbs before....

Brenda said...

Pretty!

Cathy said...

That sounds very pretty. Thanks for sharing it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails