image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Remember who you are

The cross is foremost, because a faithless world cannot see past it to the Resurrection.

And even for the faithful the cross must always be first, because the Resurrection is only as real (both in history and in our hearts) as the death is real.

~ RELIVING THE PASSION
                                                                                                             Walter Wangerin, Jr.

I remember who I am.
I am Judas, betraying my Lord with a kiss.
I am Peter, boasting of loyalty, crumbling in weakness.
I am Barabbas, set free for the Holy One to die.
I am the Thief, guilty as charged.
I am Death. remember who you are

I remember who He is.
He is Faithfulness.
He is Strength.
He is Sacrifice.
He is Innocence.
He is Life.

I remember  
            who I am 
                 in who He is.

In Him I am  
    Alive (Romans 6:11) 
    Called
(Philippians 3:14)  
  Chosen
(Ephesians 1:11)  
  Confident
(2 Corinthians 3:4)  
    Forgiven
(Ephesians 4:32) 
    Free
(Galatians 2:4) 
  Perfected
(Colossians 1:28)  
  Redeemed
(Ephesians 1:7) 
    Rich
(Ephesians 2:7)
    Rooted (Colossians 2:7)
Saved
(2 Timothy 2:10)

Lord, may I never forget.

* * *

My walks with Him

2 comments:

Stephani Cochran said...

Wonderful post Lisa. Thanks for remembering and reminding us as well!

Young Wife said...

He IS Faithful. Beautiful post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails