image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

I have no right—Psalm 103 (Memory Monday)

Learned last week:
More Memory Monday 15  As for man, his days are like grass; he flourishes like a flower of the field;
16  for the wind passes over it, and it is gone, and its place knows it no more.
17  But the steadfast love of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children,
18  to those who keep his covenant and remember to do his commandments.
Psalm 103:15-18

You have no right toI don’t always remember to do what He says.
And sometimes, even when I do remember, I still don’t do it.

Why?
Because sometimes I feel entitled to my sarcasm or grumbling or self-centeredness. Maybe times are tough; sleep is short; worries are weighty.

Pathetic excuses, huh? Yeah, I know.
I’ve never earned a right to be sinful.
It’s impossible.

But neither have I earned a right to the steadfast love of the Lord.
That’s impossible, too.

I don’t understand it, but I know that his kindness towards me has no limits—not in space, not in time, not in substance. 

So I stand in awe of him.
And I long to follow his ways.
And I want to not only be aware of what he wants me to do, but to do it.

* * *

Learning this week:
19  The LORD has established his throne in the heavens, and his kingdom rules over all.
20  Bless the LORD, O you his angels, you mighty ones who do his word, obeying the voice of his word!
21  Bless the LORD, all his hosts, his ministers, who do his will!
22  Bless the LORD, all his works, in all places of his dominion. Bless the LORD, O my soul!
Psalm 103:19-22

* * *

Are you memorizing scripture this week? Join us at Joanne’s for Memory Monday.

5 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

Psalm 103 is one of my favorites! I memorized it a couple of years ago and need to revisit it!

Shelby-Grace said...

I really appreciated your thoughts from Psalm 103. Exactly what I needed to read today!

graywolfie said...

Thanks for the reminder that the Lord's love is everlasting..

Dorothy said...

Thanks, Lisa, for a very timely reminder in my life.

Karen said...

Psalm 103:19-22 is such a wonderful passage of praise.

Hope you're having a great week!
Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails