image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Wisdom from an elder—Corner View

My sister bought this book for my dad 13 years ago. He typically didn’t like these type things, but thankfully he did fill out several pages.A_Father's_Legacy

It’s perfect for this week’s Corner View theme:
“Wisdom from an Elder”

* * *

5 most important life lessons

Five_life_lessons

1. Face it
Seek to face directly anything that you don’t understand and seek an answer

2. Be trusting
Treat everyone as if they are honest but always protect yourself

3. Expect hard times
Be realistic in the events of life; not all will be pleasant

4. Life is short
Life is but a vapor and sometimes ascends high into the sky but sometimes vanishes near the earth

5. See light
Always look for the light at the end of the tunnel even if it is the end of life’s journey

* * *

Visit the links at Jane’s Spain Daily for more “Wisdom from an elder.”

4 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great post....really great post...

Enjoyed my visit to your blog tonight while doing a little blog hopping. Hope you will stop by mine. This is my ONE YEAR Blog Anniversary and prizes everyday....

Teresa
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this. I'm working through #2 in real life right. Did the first part but neglected the "protect yourself" part, which has led to a complicated mess. I'm still not sure how long it will take to resolve it. Tried for three months on my own, have had to enlist professional help... probably best to keep the details minimized, but it's going on 8 months now. Another step toward resolution may occur this week. Lesson learned, well I know what needs fixing now, trying to navigate how I should add the "protect yourself" part from here forward.

jane said...

these are lovely quotes. words to live by. thanks lisa!

Lisa Spence said...

What a legacy! I know you are grateful to have it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails