image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Get ready for what?

I remember preparing for my babies. Move in the crib. Clean out the closet. Wash the tiny clothes.

After they arrived, there was no more preparing; there was doing. Trying to stay caught up and rested and functional was enough.

During Advent, I begin preparing again for a baby.

I set up the crèche. Trade out ordinary bric-a-brac for red and green décor. Wash the Christmas tablecloths and napkins. Creche

But hasn’t Jesus already arrived? Why get ready for someone who’s already here?

He was. He is. He is to come.

It’s one of those mysterious God-things.
Die to live; be last to become first; surrender to be saved.

And prepare for what’s already here.

Yet is still to come. There’s always more room in my heart for more Jesus. He has already fully come, but I haven’t opened up all the doors.

So I continue to clean out closets and prepare the ground for the coming gentle footsteps of the Savior’s arrival, to where he already lives.

Lord,
Get me ready to receive. Open me up to an ever-fuller coming of your love into my world. Prepare my heart for more of you.

A voice cries: "In the wilderness prepare the way of the LORD;
make straight in the desert a highway for our God.”
Isaiah 40:3

* * *Walk with Him Wednesday @ Holy Experience For more journeys in “A Season of Seeking Christ” in Walk with Him Wednesday, visit Holy Experience.

My Walks with Him

3 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

More love to Thee...

Kelly Sauer said...

He was. He is. He is to come.

This is my favorite part.

(Visiting from Holy Experience.)

Anonymous said...

"...but I haven’t opened up all the doors." Such a perfect thought for me today. I, too, want to let go of that which is not of Christ and prepare to receive more of Him.
May your day be a blessing, ~ linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails