image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Drop the apple

Read text of Luke 17 And he said to his disciples, “Temptations to sin are sure to come,
but woe to the one through whom they come!”

Luke 17:1

Temptation In my teen years, when I wanted to wear something I thought was pretty but my parents deemed immodest, my argument would be, “Well, guys shouldn’t be looking anyway. And if they do, it’s their problem, not mine.

My parents didn’t buy it. I’m glad. Now I understand.

If the guys had a problem, we all had a problem.

For better or for worse. That’s how it works. It’s not enough for you to not sin; don’t intentionally cause the person beside you to sin either.

If you do, look out.
Or, as Jesus put it, “Woe!” 

It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were cast into the sea than that he should cause one of these little ones to sin.
Luke 17:2

Temptations will come. Count on that. But don’t cause extras. There are plenty enough to go around.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails