image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Children at play

Therefore be imitators of God,
as beloved children [as children loved],
and live in love [walk around in love], as Christ loved us . . .
Ephesians 5:1-2

jump in the water 

The young father in the swimming pool begs his little girl, “Jump! Jump! Daddy will catch you!

She teeters on the edge. She wants to jump. But she’s scared. She listens to her daddy call. But she won’t do it. She walks away.

Daddy, clearly disappointed, clearly humiliated, gets out of the pool. His daughter doesn’t trust him. Does she not see him as strong enough, loving enough, to catch his own little girl? Why?

* * *

Children at play. When they feel loved, they play happy and content. Cared for. Safe.

Isn’t that how I should look? All believers should look? Not worried or anxious or depressed, but free to flit about, without heavy cares . . . because Jesus loves me, this I know, and I’ve given my worries over to him.

Loved. Cared for. Safe.

So, why don’t I live EVERY DAY that way? Do I not know that Father will catch me every time I jump into the pool?

I’m growing into it. Slowly, but surely . . .

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I have very cautious children. So I've been at the pool like that with all at some point. It's never really bothered me though. They prove their love and trust to me every day through little things. I wonder if I prove that to my Father as much.......so many things to be taught to me by my children. :)

Lisa notes... said...

My girls weren't too afraid of water (thanks to Jeff, not me), but learning how to ride a bike - that was a different matter. ha. Yes, they teach us so many things. That's a sweet comment you made that they prove their love to you every day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails