image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Joy in the pleasing

Read text of John 8 here “The One who sent me stays with me. He doesn't abandon me.
He sees how much joy I take in pleasing him.”
John 8:29 (The Message)

Jesus could say that last statement because it was true for him. Joy in pleasing Him He did do everything to please the Father; he succeeded in fulfilling his goal. 

I, unfortunately, cannot always say it with truthfulness.

How much joy do I take in pleasing him, versus joy in pleasing me?

How much faith do I have that when I please him, that it will also please me?

Father,
I want the desire to always please you more than I want to please me. More than I want to be comfortable. More than I want to matter. More than I want to avoid pain. 

You have not left me alone either, even when I do things that are not pleasing to you.

Because you are with me, lead me on the path to deepest joy: pleasing you.

By your Son’s example,
Amen

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Good post. Good prayer. AMEN!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails