image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Immediately

Read text of Matthew 14 here But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, "It is a ghost!" and they cried out in fear.
But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid."
Matthew 14:26-27

... Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"
Matthew 14:31

It’s in the timing.

I love that Jesus didn’t leave his disciples hanging. When they were afraid and believing in ghosts, Jesus got straight to the point and told them who he was, and to not be afraid.

He did the same thing with Peter just minutes later when Peter began floundering in the water. He immediately pulled him up to safety.

* * * * *

Lord, I know you often do that with me. Help me drown out other voices so I can hear you when you say, “It’s okay; I’m here. Don’t be scared.” Thank you for reacting immediately, whenever immediately is what’s best.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails