image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

God is Faithful _ (Attributes of God)





8 ABC’s of God: Faithful

ATTRIBUTE DEFINED
Faithful: Firm in adherence to promises or in observance of duty; dependable.

BIBLE VERSES
Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love...
Joshua 21:45 Not one word of all the good promises that the LORD had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass.
1 Thessalonians 5:24 He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.
Hebrews 10:23 ...He who promised is faithful.

(Also see Gen 21:1; 24:7; 28:15; Deut 31:6; 32:4; Rom 15:8; 1 Cor 1:9; 1 Pet 4:19)


CHRIST'S EXAMPLE
2 Timothy 2:13 If we are faithless, he remains faithful-- for he cannot deny himself.
Hebrews 2:17 ...So that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins...

DIRECTLY TO ME
People have failed me. Circumstances have failed me. My body and own spirit have failed me. But God has never failed me (Hebrews 13:5). Because of his faithfulness in the past, I know he is safe to trust for the future.

ECHO IT
God is faithful to me; I am to be faithful to him. He rewards faithfulness (James 1:12). But he is a jealous God and despises when I turn to lesser gods. My unfaithfulness rises from fear, selfishness, pride, weakness...but God is not influenced by any of those (James 1:13-14).

FORGIVE ME
Lord, I can’t explain why I sometimes doubt your faithfulness. Forgive my lack of belief that your grace will be as sufficient for tomorrow as it has been for today. Forgive me for listening to the lies of the world that you won’t be true to your Word, especially in the little things. You are as faithful in small things as in big things.

GLORY TO GOD
Lord, it is your very nature to be faithful—not just to believers or to humankind in general, but even to yourself. You can’t or wouldn’t be otherwise. We praise you for your Word being solid and dependable. Everything about you is stable and unwavering. We can rest on your promises.

HIS WORDS
Memorize:
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails