image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Newest Virus Scare--Is it working?

Do you have wonderful e-mail friends who warn you with regularity against the latest financial scams, food hazards, self-protection tips, mall terrorists, etc.?

Me, too. I was warned today about a new e-mail virus that would come under the guise of “Mail Server Report”. Do not open it, or you will be doomed. Your life as you know it will be over.

The supposed hacker, who dubbed himself “Life Owner”, flashes this ominous threat when you open his mail:

“It is too late now. Your life is no longer beautiful.”

Really? And it’s been confirmed by Snopes?

Now don’t misunderstand me here: I can be scared by some pretty minor things, and definitely some major ones. Even though I know God is control, I haven’t learned to let him eliminate fear from my psyche yet.

So if all the information on my PC suddenly disappeared from my viewing and was transferred to Mr. Life Owner, I would be scared.

Temporarily.

But in the end, would it really matter? Even if he stole all my information, he still wouldn’t own my life. Even if he gained access to all my earthly belongings, my life would still be beautiful. (A little more stressed, granted, but...)

Because my life isn’t in my information and or my belongings. It’s in my blood. More specifically, The Blood. And I’ve got a pretty tight anti-virus protection plan working on my behalf in the heavenly places.

Perhaps “Mail Server Report” really is a new virus. Perhaps not. Either way, I’m covered.

~ Matthew 10
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.
30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.
31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

:D I love you mommy! I really enjoy reading your blogs!

danielle said...

"and do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul"
...i think that's why i feel invincible sometimes...i know thats weird but i like it when u feel COVERED like u said. When we know there is nothing to fear because we won't REALLY ever die. 'No Fear' is a good feeling. but it does go back in forth...i pray we never forget it. Good post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails