image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

God should fix my problems. ?

We all believe things that are not true. Here is one of Satan’s more popular lies for Christians:

Lie # 3: God should fix my problems.

But,
God is more concerned with changing you to be a reflection of Christ than with solving all your problems. God is not removed from our problems. He doesn’t just sit up in heaven waiting to see if we will manage to survive. No, the God of the Bible is “a very present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1 KJV).

However, He’s far more concerned with molding us and shaping us to make us like His Son Jesus, who “learned obedience through what he suffered” (Hebrews 5:8).
Lies Young Women Believe: and the truth that sets them free
by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Dannah Gresh

3 comments:

Kay said...

Ummm... if I'm still learning the lesson from this quote, and you got it from a book called "Lies Young Women Believe..." then can I sill consider myself a young woman?!? ;-)

Lisa notes... said...

Well, it depends on who you ask. ;-)

I originally bought the book for an unnamed "young woman" but she has informed me that it's a little "too" young for her. Ha. So, why then do I find myself marking every other page because it's hitting home for me???

Only one conclusion: we're younger than we realize. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :-)

Kay said...

So the title of the book should really be... "Lies Young Women Believe, but Don't Really Figure Out Until They're Middle-Aged."
;-D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails