image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Plant the seeds




Proverbs 20:4
The sluggard does not plow in the autumn; he will seek at harvest and have nothing.

A wasp is in my bedroom. He’s buzzing behind a blind, trapped by the slats and cords. He’s a sign of my negligent plowing. Because he’s not the first wasp. His brother appeared a few weeks ago, then another friend after that. What did I do about it? Nothing. I didn’t investigate their entry point because it was just one wasp that slipped in, right? Who cares? But one led to two, led to three, and now the wasp in my bedroom is probably #4 or 5.

The Message:
“A farmer too lazy to plant in the spring has nothing to harvest in the fall.”

Sometimes the planting can be boring and laborious—and appear purposeless. As I trudge through my daily Bible reading, Isaiah is weighing me down. Why not skip it? Why keep memorizing? Why keep praying for the same situations over and over that aren’t changing?

Because those are seeds. I can’t imagine the harvest from reading Isaiah, but I’ve farmed long enough to know that it’s there. When I wonder, “Why?”, faith answers, “Reaping lies ahead.”

One by one I killed the wasps. Wouldn’t it have been less work to plug the hole? Plant the seed?

I’ll keep reading Isaiah...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails