image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Bring me down





Obadiah, verses 3,4

The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rock, in your lofty dwelling, who say in your heart, "Who will bring me down to the ground?"
Though you soar aloft like the eagle, though your nest is set among the stars, from there I will bring you down, declares the LORD.

Is there nowhere I can go to escape the arrogance in my heart? Even if I sequestered myself into a cave all alone, would I still unearth a trail to conceit?

How despised are the proud, and how beloved are the humble. So why is it so hard to die to pride? All evidence points to humility as the only refuge from self. And humility comes from gazing upon the Lord. The more I look upon his majesty, the less impressed I’ll be with myself.

Keep eyes wide open.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails