image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Come to the edge

Come to the edge.
No, we will fall.
Come to the edge.
No, we will fall.
They came to the edge.
He pushed them and they flew.

~ French poet Guillaume Apollinaire


The Lord continues to call me to come to the edge, to step out of the boat. I'm afraid of falling, of sinking. But he doesn't call me to do it by myself; he promises to hold my hand. So why is it still so scary? Lord, please, more faith...take me to the edge.

      But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me."
      Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"
      And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."
~ Matthew 14:30-33

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails