image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

What's your Olympic event?

I'm so enjoying watching the close races and the amazing feats and the intricate teamwork in Beijing 2008. And beaming with pride when we get the gold. ["We" being figurative--I include myself only because I live in America, not because I've put in the sweat and years of training.]

So then I look at myself and feel a little fat and a lot lazy in comparison. But the article from "Desiring God" blog this morning makes me rethink it. It's worth checking out.

2 Kinds of Outdoing
by Sam Crabtree

"...Years of sweaty workouts, aching muscles, burning lungs, painful bruises, and bleeding calluses will see them in a breathless puddle of exhaustion and perhaps tears, the well-known agony of defeat.

When it comes to outdoing others, are national pride and personal ambition the only motivations?" (read more...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails