image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Where to get wisdom...





1:7 "The fear [reverence] of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools [silly] despise [disrespect] wisdom and instruction [chastisement, reproof, warning]."

It seems so simple--start out by reverencing Yahweh. Don't be so silly as to disrespect wisdom and not heed warnings.

2:6 "For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding [intelligence]."

If we seek it, he will give it. Do I believe that? Where do I go to seek it? From his mouth. So I need to listen to what he is saying. Stay in the word.

3:26 "for the LORD will be your confidence [properly, fatness] and will keep your foot from being caught."

I need not fear "sudden terror..when it comes" (v 25), for Yahweh keeps me shored up in hope--he is the source of my strength. Though I stumble, I will not fall; he keeps my feet from tripping me up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails