image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Create in me a clean heart

matthew 8 And behold, a leper came to him and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, if you will, you can make me clean."
And Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him, saying, "I will; be clean." And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

Matthew 8:2-3

heartbeatIf you will, Jesus, you can anything.

So it’s obviously not your will to give physical healings to all who ask, like you gave to the leper. You don’t remove all our pain or all our heartaches or even all our minor irritations. It’s not your will to stunt out growth with pampered lives.

But it is always your will to make us clean.

Which is more important to us? Can we be content with washed hearts?

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence,
and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit.
~ Psalm 51:10-12

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails