image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Can you hear me now, God? 5 reasons he can

cell_phone_bars

Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer.
Psalm 61:1

I failed this week. My husband Jeff needed to talk about his frustrations at work. And he needed me to listen. But instead I twisted something he said about himself into something about me. I grew insecure, the conversation got derailed, and he felt unheard.

Who listens to you?

When you have something you need to pour out, who do you talk to? We all have go-to friends or family we know will hear us out.

But what about God? Do you go to him?

Because you can’t watch his eyes to see if he’s paying attention, do you wonder if you have coverage? Do you think he’ll tune you out if you don’t pray with the right words? Do you think you have to be perfect to deserve an audience?

If so, it’s time to believe differently. God does listen.

Here are 5 ways you can know he hears you . . . 

Read the rest

* * *

What can you thank him for today? He’s listening!

Thanksgiving in the Word

~ I’m writing today at Do Not Depart ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails