image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

Empty me

empty-bottle

What’s it time to let go of,
or start letting go of, at this point?”

       ~ H. NORMAN WRIGHT, What’s Next?

I’m afraid of the answer.
It’s complicated (isn’t it always?).

I listened to the Easter message Saturday night on empty...

  • Empty cross (praise God!)
  • Empty tomb (hallelujah!)
  • Empty me (um...)

The pastor told of his joy as a child receiving a dime for every can or bottle he returned. The empty ones. Those were ones that promised value.

Tuesday will be the last official day of homeschooling for me. After almost 20 years, I’ll wake up Wednesday morning with no lesson plans to write, no school books to order, no “I’m ready when you are” proclamation to start our school day.

Emptying myself of school is one thing.
Letting go of a daughter is quite another.

There are more letting go’s I’m praying over.
Soul spaces to clean out. Yearnings of the heart to release.

But in the emptiness there is value.

In handing the Master an empty vessel, I am promised reward—a refilling.
He believes in overflow (John 4:14).
I believe, too.

I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him.
Philippians 3:8-9a

* * *

Over the next few days I’ll be sitting with the Lord to ask,
“What is it time to let go of?”

What is He asking you to let go of?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails