image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

A day in April

Outside my window...sunny and 71° F (but it feels so cold)

I am thinking...which no-multitasking practices I should keep as leftovers from Lent

I am reading...Spirit Rising, What’s Next?, The Pilgrim’s Progress, Write Good or Die, Holiness Day by Day, etc. (not keeping the one-book-at-a-time fast any longer!)

I am wondering...how long my feet will hurt after walking NYC with Jenna’s senior class (it’s been 1 week and counting)

I am thankful...we got to eat lunch with my niece Danielle and our friend Jessica while we were in New York and and ride the Staten Island ferry together

nyc

In the learning rooms...lots and lots of books and papers to sort through, sell, or trash since homeschooling is now in my PAST as of today—aaack!

I am hoping...to get Jenna’s graduation invitations and photos ordered this week

In the kitchen...leftover banana pudding (after day 2, I just can’t eat it)Hiding-John-1-button

I am memorizing...John 1:1-2 this week with this group of believers

I am pondering...2 Kings 5:13—why do I squirm when asked to do small things? They’re often the healing things I need.

I am sending...a letter tomorrow to my little friend José in El Salvador (um, that is, once I get it written...maybe this should be under “I am hoping...”)

I am creating...scripts for VBS plays for El Salvador, including minimal lines for us to memorize in Spanish (sí podemos!)

I am going...to straighten up Morgan’s room this week (when do you quit calling it their room? she’s moved away and is married)

I am looking forward to...Morgan coming home this weekend!

I am wearing...comfortably warm white sweat pants and a long-sleeve Auburn shirt, after freezing earlier in shorts and a tank top

A-Place-of-Healing

I am hearing...“A Place of Healing” audio book by Joni Eareckson Tada

I am realizing...the paralyzed miss bending their knees in prayer (Joni says, “Go read Psalm 95:6 and do what it says!” I did.)

I am appreciating...having knees that bend and arms that raise and the Lord to praise

I am studying...reconciliation for a post for Do Not Depart...and for me

Around the house...almost ready for a new 1000 gifts notebook; I’m on gift #645 and countingcounting-1000-gifts

I am praying...about what God wants me to let go of

I am discovering...I can thrive after all with a 1-week-at-a-time church plan (temporarily, anyway)

One of my favorite things...visiting different churches, experiencing a variety of ways to worship the same God, yet...

I am missing...seeing familiar friends each week

A few plans for this week...a doctor’s visit for Jenna’s headaches (not fun) and a family meal at my sister’s house (great fun)

A picture to share...of our teen girls’ class. The women went to the tomb on Easter morning. We praised God—Jesus conquered the grave!

easter-morning

* * *The Simple Woman's Daybook

What are you doing today?

the simple woman's daybook
...where every day is a blank page

Past Daybooks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails