image map Home Favorites Reading About Contact

First week in 2011—Friday’s Fave Five

1. A full house 
I’m so sorry Morgan has mono and strep, but I have thoroughly enjoyed having her home this week (although I’m finding myself in the kitchen a lot more than normal).

Mr. Tyler, her calculus professor from four years ago and a Christian brother in our church, sent this card to cheer her up:math_get_well_card

2. Building excitement
I’ve been excited seeing Jenna excited about so many things this week—weeding through college majors with Morgan, checking out new dance studios, preparing to learn from a photography mentor, and the BIGGIE—getting her drivers’ license in a few weeks (yeah, we talk about that one a lot around here).

She’s already a great photographer.
From her Breath Captures Photography blog:ballet_and_converse

3. Coming together Depend_and_Delight_booksAs is typical of him, God is amazing me how he brings things together. As I pray/study/live in 2011 around Depending and Delighting, he’s been blessing me with resources and people and scriptures that are fleshing it out.

I loved discovering this scripture two days ago that fits so well: “The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.”
Psalm 147:11 (NIV)

4. Impromptu discussions
Oh, how I love an invigorating religious discussion. After class on Wednesday night a few of my much-respected and much-loved Christian brothers spontaneously gathered for a passionate conversation about God and church and emotion and music and love, etc. Good times!

5. Anticipation for the Big Game
Whether Auburn wins or loses the BSC football championship game on Monday night, the hype this week has been fun. After Alabama won the national championship last year, it would be extra special if both our state teams are #1 in back-to-back years. War Eagle! Cam_Newton_and_Auburn_fans

Photo compliments of BSC Auburn on Flickr

* * *

What has been a favorite of yours this week?

16 comments:

Liz said...

Lisa, are you reading A Praying Life? I am currently in the middle of it because my BFF gave me a copy. We are LOVING this book. It is challenging me to change the way I pray or to help me pray more.

Lisa notes... said...

Liz,
Yes, I’m barely into chapter 1 of “A Praying Life” and I already have yellow highlights everywhere. Loving it so far! God is good.

Jerralea said...

I really like your spiritual goal for 2011 - Depending and Delighting! I always get spiritually challenged when I visit your blog!

I thank God for you!

Carrie said...

LOVE that picture of the shoes! She's so very creative!!

Barbara H. said...

Hope Morgan gets to feeling better! That is a sweet card.

Love the creativity of that photo!

Faith said...

love your daughter's photo!
Love your spiritual goals too! I too am reading some good resources for parenting teens and going deeper with God.

Sandy@Jesus and Dark Choc said...

Love the creativity in the shoe pictures....a contrast between two worlds. My daughter would love that picture I will have to show her. Cute note, hope Morgan is on the mend soon...but I bet it is nice having her around. Oh and the big drivers license.....it's coming to our house soon too. My son just got his learner's permit. :)

Kathie said...

Very creative photo - well done to Jenna!
Hope Morgan is feeling better soon.

You're reading some great books. I'll be interested to hear what you glean from them.

Happy weekend!

Hazel said...

That's a thoughtfully creative card. Hope Morgan gets well soon. I love Jenna's art. The shoes make me imagine girls in motion - hiking, running, pirouetting. Discussions like you described are nice to listen to. Fun is my fave part about games whether it's a win or lose.

ellen b. said...

I really like the photo of the shoes, too. I hope Morgan gets better soon and you have a wonderful time together in the meantime. Love the verse you shared. Have a wonderful weekend.

Brenda said...

I love passionate discussions about God as well, as long as they stay friendly. Sounds like a good week.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I'm with you on impromptu discussions - love them! Jenna took a beautiful picture there. Those culminating moments are pretty awesome, aren't they?

Have a great week.

Melissa said...

Sounds as though you have a lot of exciting things happening in your family right now! Your list made me smile. :)

Susanne said...

I love how God is bringing things to you that leads you into the depending and delighting.

Your week sounds like it was wonderfully full.

Karyn said...

A happy list - Even though Morgan is not feeling well.

I have to add my accolades to everyone else regarding that beautiful photo! A creative young lady, for sure.

Kari said...

hope Morgan is feeling better. what a creative card.
I love the photo of the shoes too it's great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails